1/2 PPR, Early Ask for WR help, MVS or DIGGS?

So we get points per first down and have long play bonuses.

My team currently looks like this for the coming week; scoring projection is nearly 158, but I am going against Goff, Gurley, James Conner, Golladay, OJ Howard, and Boyd and his projection is nearly 160…

Starters:
Matt Ryan
Robert Woods
DIGGS (?)
Kamara
Fournette
Doyle
Cohen
Kicker
Chargers DST

Bench:
Kittle
Wentz
Ingram
Tate
MVS (?)

I see MVS having the better floor, but Diggs has the ceiling. Both games should have lots of offense, but then again divisional games can get wonky and ugly. Defenses typically don’t play well on TNF, which looks to benefit MVS. Rodgers had historically had trouble in Seattle, but their DST is nowhere near comparable to previous seasons. Diggs theoretically should be a great play as Chicago has been gashed in the secondary by WR’s (GB, NE), but will this be another Adam Thielen barn burner, or will they force feed Cook to grind things out? I need upside and cannot afford a bust at ANY position.

Bumping this back up! Thanks in advance!

Diggs has only done good in positive matchups this year. With him playing the Bears, I say you go high upside and play MVS.

1 Like

Diggs is injured, and he isn’t known for performing well through injuries…

Yeah, in my “wife’s” work league, I let her decide in the draft between Thielan and Diggs. Man do I wish she went with Thielan. Worked out in long run as I just packaged him with David Johnson and got James Conner.

1 Like

Don’t get me wrong, he is talented and draws the coverage from the top CB on opposing teams, but you are right, Diggs is very match-up dependent whereas Thielen is the new Jordan Reed security blanket for Cousins. And I am just stunned that literally nobody in the NFL has thought about possibly double teaming or putting their top corners on Thielen all season. Although in the Detroit game, Slay was on Thielen and he was contained for what that’s worth…

Bump, just making sure this is the right call. Folks seem to be pretty high on MVS, and Andy made him a Start of the Week… Analysts are all down on Cousins this week too…

Right now, the lineup is:

Wentz
Woods
DIGGS
Kamara
Fournette
Baby Hands
Cohen
Kicker
Chargers DST

Ryan, MVS, Tate, Ingram, Miller, Kittle, Trubisky

I have all 3 playing LOL. Diggs, THeilen, and MVS in my flex lol

1 Like

Diggs full go in practice and despite the Bears being an overall great defense, the espn system is actually indicating a favorable matchup this week for Diggs (see screenshot). I’m torn myself over playing him or Hilton but if it were him or MVS, as much as I like MVS, Diggs would be activated for me.

1 Like

@d3nali85 and @Caveman45 Thanks, rolling with Diggs.

Then a secondary question: MVS or COHEN for Flex? I have Cohen and really like him this week as pass catching backs have crushed the Vikings.