‹ Main Site Forums Home My Account

10 Team Value

Hey guys thoughts on shallower leagues, does having only 10 teams make getting elite level talent like Rogers, Gronk more valuable to make a difference weekly? Normally I wait on TE and QB but thinking in a shallow league, redraft, to reach a little might be smarter?

With Gronk it absolutely does. He scores a significant difference than every other TE. At QB, it’s a little bit harder to tell. First, you don’t know who it’s going to be with the same confidence. However, the real issue is that if you’re only starting 1 QB per team, then you’re only talking about 10 starting QBs in the whole league. On a week to week basis, you can play matchups at the position and often times outscore the “great” QBs when they have poor matchups.

I prefer to have my advantages be at the position with the most weekly starters. In most cases that is the WRs and RBs. A small advantage at QB/TE can quickly be over-came with advantages at 2-3 RB/WR spots.

So, the answer is NO. Positional scarcity drives value. There are 20-24 reasonable weekly QB starters. With only 10 total required starters across the league, the value of QBs actually DECREASES in a shallow league. even if half the owners draft 2 QBs, there are still only 15-16 off the board. You will have the ability to get a solid starter at QB, even in the last few rounds.

As Jason said, Gronk is typically a weekly advantage at the position, but you also only have to play against the team with Gronk once, maybe twice, whereas you need to face 4-5 RB/WRs every week.