‹ Main Site Forums Home My Account

12th Pick Help

I’m in a 12-team .5ppr w/keepers and I have the 12th pick. My keeper this year is AB in the 1st, so I’m getting him w/my 12th pick (I know great value!) then I have the 1st pick in the 2nd.

My question is, based on mock drafts and some other keepers I know will be gone, I’ll most likely have these guys to pick from w/my 2nd pick:

• AJ Green
  • Mike Evans
  • TY Hilton
  • Tyreek Hill
  • Gronk
  • Jordon Howard
  • Joe Mixon
  • LeSean McCoy
  • Alex Collins

I’m not sure if I should take someone like AJ Green with that pick and then go RB’s in the 3rd & 4th or take Jordon Howard (or someone similar).

Some mocks I’ve done had D. Freeman or McCafferey available who I would for sure take either of… but I don’t think in reality they will be there when I pick…

Thoughts?

If your keeper replaces your 1st pick, there should still be a good RB remaining. Hunt/Fournette/Cook/McCaffrey. If they are all gone, then OBJ/Julio/Thomas/Allen should still be there

I would not pick Evans (Winston is suspended for first 3 games). Would not pick Collins, McCoy, and Mixon,

Of the remaining players, choice would be either Green or Gronk (probably too early in draft to pick Gronk. He gets volume and TDs. Sleeper choice would be Howard. He has new coach and OC plus his coach says he will be a three down player this year.

I would probably choose Green

Yes my keeper is replacing my 1st pick, but there are other keepers that will be kept from other teams so off the bat: Hunt, Fournette, Cook, Gordon will all be gone already…

Sorry, I was misunderstanding how keepers worked in your league. I was thinking all keepers replaced 1st rounders. I realize my mistake now.

If Howard or CmC fall to you, I’d go that route. Otherwise I would probably take Gronk.

All good. Wow Gronk w/the 1st pick in the 2nd? I thought about that too… I just thought it might be a little too early…

If the too 15-20 picks are all gone because of keepers, it’s more like taking Gronk at the back of the 2nd

Oh yea good point!