This is our league’s first year as a dynasty league… any tips on drafting?
- Are you allowed to trade picks?
- Are rookies included in the start up draft, or are their separate drafts for vets and rookies
- If the drafts are separate, are the rookies snake or auction?
- What do the roster construction rules look like (i.e. 2 RB, 2WR, 1 Flex? Superflex? 2 QB?).
In general, WR values are boosted, due to longevity. Also, older players are unsurprisingly devalued. There will likely be at least one or two guys who load up on older players who are devalued, and one or two guys who are way too wrapped up in youth/upside. I try to be neither.
Longevity is an important factor, especially high in the draft, but don’t be afraid to take a shot or two on a vet who can help you win now a bit later.
@DFWB hit it on the head. My rule of thumb in dynasty startups is this:
- If you value players being equal, take the younger.
- If you value one player as better but is older, take the talent.
- Draft as if you are planning to win this year.
- Last rounds should be guys you plan to break out in the future, not necessarily this year.