‹ Main Site Forums Home My Account

2nd yr dynasty (1st Rookies only draft) Advice

I recently adopted what appears to me to be a strong team in a 14 tm/$125, PPR league. It was a playoff team that lost in wildcard and the owner bounced.
Upcoming is a two round rookie draft, I have pick #9 & #23.
Starters= 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,2FX
QB Mahomes
RBs Mixon & Cook
WRs Cooks / Lockett / M.Williams
TE Rudolph
FLX C.Carson & Damien Williams
Bench
QB Cousins
RB Ballage, J.Adams, S.Ridley
WR J.Gordon, D.Parker, T.Williams, J.Brown, R.Foster, Q.Enunwa

I’m pretty sure I should be cutting Adams & Ridley for two rookies in draft. Should I feel strong enough at RB to be adding WR depth? OR should I be considering either or both of the Vikings Rookies, A.Mattison to handcuff injury prone Cook and/or I.Smith Jr to backup Rudolph?
Any thoughts on what my draft strategy should be?

I would look toward a top TE in the draft to help in that regard like Hockenson/Fant so you may be able to trade down if both are on the board at pick 9 add some 2020 capital…

I would target mattison for the back up of cook that would lock your rbs in and remove some of the worry… you have some really wr potential so I think you are solid there. other guys that could fall and be solid choices at RB are singeltary/Hill.

I agree with @boardereric9. Your TE is the weakest spot so target that in the draft (Hockenson/Fant). There’s a lot of WR potential on your team but no standout guys. I’d look to trade maybe Williams and get a more solid WR. Williams was named the starter this week so his stock has gone even higher. I would try to sell high on him. Halfway through the season, if he’s not producing, Reed will move on from him. I just don’t know if he will be able to handle the full workload.

1 Like