3rd Overall Pick Dilemma!

My 0.5 PPR redraft league just set the order for our upcoming draft at the end of this month. I have the 3rd overall pick and after some mocs and talking to the rest of the league I am fairly confident that Christian McCaffrey and Saquon Barkley will be off the board when I’m on the clock. Normally I would probably draft Zeke there but if there’s still no clarity I’m not willing to take risk in round 1. That leaves me with Kamara out of “the big four” but I have been tossing around the idea of taking Hopkins instead. What are your guys’ thoughts on that? Is that too early and will I regret taking a WR there?

Kamara all day every day. Third pick is good your decision is made for you

3 Likes

I would definitely go Kamara. Looking at ADP you could probably get Evans or Brown in the second but if you went Hopkins you’d be looking at Chubb or Williams as your RB1. I’d take Kamara/Brown well over Hopkins/Chubb myself.

Kamara if zeke is a mystery. And C Mac if he is still available at 3. RB are so important and i dont think you can take a WR with the 3rd Pick, if it was the 4th or 5th it would be a different situation, but i dont think you can pass up on C Mac or Kamara at 3.

There’s no dilemma here. Answer is Kamara easily.

1 Like

i dont hate going WR in the first 3 picks, but i wouldnt get too tricky with it. the top RBs are too valuable. irreplaceable. the drop off is insane for RBs, where WRs… not as much. i LOVE hopkins and want him where ever i can get him. but i would rather have

kamara + Brown/Allen/Hilton/Thielen

over

Hopkins + Kj/Aaron jones/Fournette/josh jacobs

Go Kamara.

To answer your question, no it’s not too early to take a WR there, but I would not recommend passing on Kamara.