Howdy! Sorry for the delay, I was away from my machine this weekend.
I’m right there with you on CEH. I have him in 2 spots and this news wrecked things for me. That said, he has also not blown up so added to the waters it’s not looking good for CEH PR team. However, I’m a strong hold on him. I told my leaguemates that this news does not make me want to sell CEH on the cheap so do not bother.
That said, I would move him for a good offer but I’m not sure what that would really be.
I look at it as he is still a rookie and the team has no need to force him the ball. Right now, they are using him well, but he RB spot is not their focus. I thought he would be a high end RB2 / low end RB1 when I drafted him. Many other folks then catapulted him to dyno RB4/5 during the offseason. I thought that was bananas, but it only helped his potential and did not create his potential. Thus far he’s looked like what I was hoping he’d be so I am not worried. Though in hindsight I should have moved him for value but my teams are withering at RB.
I think ATM you are only getting lowball offers. Certainly far off of his actual value so I would hold him. I am not overly concerned about Bell. I was at first, but I’m not sure he has the same mustard on his game. I think he will help, and it will hurt in some ways, but IMHO it’s still CEH backfield. He has been inefficient in the Red Zone but that is not uncommon for backs, and particularly ones that are elusive over power. The overall usage for CEH to this point in his rookie season is extremely positive IMHO.
Besides, I do not think he’s built to take a Henry / Elliot workload so Bell coming in might actually be a bit of a positive. KC RB supporting cast has not stepped up (looking at you Darwin) so this is a strong NFL move for a contending team. That’s my view as opposed to an indictment of CEH and how the team values him.
Moving forward I expect them to figure out better ways to leverage CEH skill set and the roads will not be so grim. I like the A Jones shout out (I was admittedly late on him) and this week was not so good a showing. If CEH puts up I could see that move if you wanted, but I’d still hold CEH personally. Especially as your RB core is fine, just dinged with Chubb also out (interestingly I have Chubb / CEH / Kelley) and I’m feeling it setting line ups. But Chubb will be back and things will get better.
I’d be holding and only moving if you get an offer that really speaks to you. For now, it is a bad time to panic sell. In a 14 teamer you are looking pretty dang good, so I’d not rock the boat quite yet. Sorry for the late reply, but I hope it helps!