‹ Main Site Forums Home My Account

Aaron Jones or Jamaal Williams in Dynasty Startup

I have a pick coming up in my dynasty startup draft. I need another RB! I would like a RB in a productive offense so I’m looking at Aaron Jones or Jamaal Williams. Jones obviously has a suspension but that’s not a huge deal in the long run. Who do you guys think I should grab? (Carlos Hyde and D’Onta Foreman are also on the board)

I would rank them as follows:
Hyde
Williams
Jones
Foreman.

You should be able to get Hyde and Williams a round before Jones or Foreman. So maybe get 2 of 4?

I’m taking Williams. He’s much better in Pass Pro and has the build/ability to be a 3 down back. Given the race is so close, I think that the suspension actually hurts Jones a lot. If Williams proves worthy to start the season, you’re basically going to be waiting on injury for Jones to get back into the line-up. Similar to what happened at end of last season. By time Jones could play, it was Williams’ backfield.

Also, Williams is supposedly slimming down to help with his speed/burst which is good to hear. Prefer to see guys slim down rather than guys try to bulk up.

I also realized that Williams went a few rounds ahead of Jones in the draft. I know that doesn’t mean a ton, but it’s something to consider. I’m starting to lean more and more towards Williams.

Of the guys listed, Hyde would be my choice. I don’t understand how anyone is excited or confident about this GB backfield. I’ll take a flier late, but otherwise I went no part of it because it’s been a dumpster fire for years.

I would say that it’s been difficult to acquire and start an RB in GB, especially last year. However the GB backfield is a gold mine.

Aaron Jones RB1 weeks = 2 5 and 7 (4th and 4th respectively)
Jamaal Williams RB1 weeks = 3 12, 13 and 14 (2nd, 7th and 5th respectively)
Ty Montgomery RB1 weeks = 3 1, 2, 10 (7th, 2nd, and 10th respectively)

That doesn’t even included any RB2 weeks. If one GB RB had 8 RB1 weeks we would be going ‘Kamara’ for him!