Am I a terrible person?

In the quarterfinals against my best friend. He wasted his entire FAB during the year and needed a defense. So I picked up three more defenses to play keep away. He is crying foul. Even though there aren’t bench limits, he is making lots of noise to the league–I was well within the rules, and I KNOW its shady, but aren’t we all here to WIN?? Thoughts/comments?

1 Like

Seems fair game to me. Shouldnt have spent all the fab before the playoffs. You still had to drop players to roster defenses to me its not the most gentlemanly but totally reasonable

2 Likes

Fair game…did that 2 years ago in the championship week. Nobody in my league complained. It’s part of the game, no need to whine about it. Tell him to DO BETTER next year lol

Not against the rules, no. Dick move yes.

Not saying there is anything wrong with it, but Just expect people to do the same type of stuff to you in the future, that’s the only bad thing about doing something like this.

1 Like

I don’t think it’s the least bit shady, or a dick move. I don’t even see it being a little bit controversial. It’s good management by you. His complaints are just him being a really bad sport - it’s OK for him to be annoyed, but he shouldn’t be complaining that anything wrong was done. Honestly one of the most cut-and-dry questions like this I’ve seen IMO.

2 Likes

Live by the stream, die by the stream.

No, you’re not a terrible person. You’re a gamer. Good job

2 Likes

Did the same thing this year with tight end in a work league. And to add insult to injury I dropped the TE the second his started.

1 Like

not shady at all, shady would be someone not in the playoffs and picking up 5 picks from the waiver wire who is ahead of you on the list so you or your opponent cant have them in the finals. This happened to me and i was going to drop all my players and quit but realized i came this far, might as well try

Completely Fair I currently own 3 dst in a long standing league and group chat was bitchin about it when waivers passed this week lol

1 Like

Fair Game!! I have seen someone pick up and drop every single defense just so they push to waivers and cant play them hahaha. Now thats shady!!

1 Like

It’s called Keep-Away and it’s a normal fantasy strategy. If I was commish I would be telling him to shut his yap or forfeit his team. I spent all my FAAB in week 14 to win and it worked, but then I tried to pick up Tannehill this week and somebody not even in the playoffs picked him up for $10 bucks. I’m not mad, it’s part of the game lol he needs to pop a Xanax and chill…

1 Like

Absolutely fair game. This is a strategic move and you could take advantage of his 0 FAB. That’s a risk he took. Too bad it’s your best friend.