‹ Main Site Forums Home My Account

Another David Johnson Trade Question

I know this is going to be asked a lot, but now with news of him officially not returning for 2-3 months with confirmed surgery. DO I TRADE HIM? This is a PPR league with 2 RBs per week.

So far my RBs are:

David Johnson
CJ Anderson
Mike Gillese
Eddie Lacy
Jamaal Williams
Chris Carson

Will also be picking up Kenny Williams in waivers (hopefully) since he will most likely be taking Johnson’s Workload over. Can I survive with Mike Gillese or should I try and do a package deal with David Johnson and another player of mine?

Gillislee is really tough to have to trust like that, I like him but he’s seems TD dependent. I’d try trading a reciever to the allen robinson owner or something, hoping they’re deep at RB

What about trading Austin Hooper, might be able to get someone to buy into the Hype? I think I maybe Hooper for Dalvin Cook? Tarik Cohen? Ty Montgomery?

I would 100% make those trade offers if I were you. Someone’s bound to see that high score and want him, especially if they’re weak at TE. Don’t know if Cohen would be my favorite target though. I like his game to game upside, but I’d want someone with less of a boom-or-bust factor given your situation

40%+ of the RB snaps, in a fairly close game doesn’t seem boom or bust to me. I think they know he’s at worst their second most dynamic offensive player (I’d argue first, personally). He’s not built for 15-20 carries, but 12 total touches seems possible, and he’s got the skills to turn that into something useful in fantasy.

Definitley think he’ll be useful. Still I would rather have a workhorse back that’s guaranteed 16+ touches a game if at all possible. To your point though, it is a ppr league, and Cohen might be the best recieving option in chicago now lol

Of course you’d rather have a workhorse. Those don’t come up on the waiver wire often (and aren’t particularly common in the league in general).