Any tips for an auction dynasty draft?

What is up?! I have joined an auction draft dynasty league. I have never participated in an auction draft and I do have another dynasty league. Any tips for me in this specific situation?

rosters are 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 3 FLEX (W/R/T), 16 BN

1 Like

Don’t wait for the last guy in the tier to bid on.

Example if tier 3 RB has 6 guys. The 6th guy before the tier jump down might cost more as people panic to get the last RB in that tier. Try to get the 2nd or 3rd guy in the tier to help you save money to spend elsewhere. Dont be too cheap also. People are afraid to spend sometimes

1 Like

Let me outbid you on all the good players :wink:

I am probably dumb for sharing this, but I think bid on anyone to a point, unless you are flat-out against them for whatever reasons. IE: you might not want player Lev Bell given his new situation, but if you can get him for 75% of value then that is a win. There might be players you are not high on preference-wise, but are still fine players. Getting them at a price lull if other folks are thinking similarly to you, you might land a bargain.

Clearly not every player needs to be bid on, but it is also unreasonable to think you will only get guys you love. Be willing to bid on some guys you are okay with especially at value.

1 Like

Thank you both! I really appreciate it. @octoberland I owe you one lol