Anyone else in a nail biting league finish?

I’m in the playoffs but this league never really shook out. 4 teams have the same record. Another team 1 game back, and 2 more right behind.Someone could go from 5th seed to 2nd seed and earn the bye with 1 game to go.

I credit myself for creating this situation. During the draft, I refused to let anyone get a deal. Even if I did not want the player everyone paid market value or slightly higher or way over if I wanted them. It ended up making the league a lot more fun in the end. Teams are very evenly matched. Even the two worse teams never lost by much. They were always in it and also pulled off some impressive blowouts.

my league is intense. coming down to these last 2 weeks for the final 4 spots
9-3
8-4
8-4
8-4
7-5
5-7
3-9
0-12 no one is safe and its coming down to the wire. Im in second with 200 more points for than anyone else

This the most intense last week in my league ever. 3 teams are 8-4 and 4 teams are 7-5. I am currently the 6th seed, but if I win, im in(also playing the person in last place). The 1 seed plays the 4 seed and the 3 seed plays the 5 seed

Other than me locking up the 1 seed my league has a head to head matchup this week for the number 2 seed and another head to head matchup for one playoff spot. Depending on who loses the second head to head matchup creates a whole lot of tie breaker scenarios as there could be four teams with 7-6 records tied for 4th through 7th and only six make the playoffs.
There looks like another scenario where one team could get a 5-7 record and get in if everyone in that playoff hunt takes an L that’s not in a head to head with another playoff fighter.
One week left and 3 spots still up for grabs plus a bye week relevant matchup, while I sit atop a full game ahead of 2nd & 3rd with the tie breaker firmly in hand.

8-4
8-4
8-4
8-4
7-5
6-6
6-6
5-7

This last game could mix things up quite a bit. The 7-5 could hit the 2 seed and the 5-7 could sneak in. Crazy if that happens.

1 Like

My buddy is in a 14 team league, and there is a 6 way tie for 1st (all at 7-5), and a 5 way tie for for 2nd (all at 6-6). He is in 2nd place by 10 points, but if he loses and gets a low score he misses the playoffs entirely. It is insane.

1 Like

That is indeed insane. I think it has to do with the WR’s blowing up week to week and all the great waiver pickups which was keeping normally dead teams alive. A couple of years ago there was almost nothing on the waiver wire. This year, Boyd, Ridley, Chub, Fitz, Sony…so many good ones. As long as a team worked the waiver they could keep fighting all season no problem.