Axe Elf's 46th Draft

Dipped a toe back into the Yahoo best ball drafting pool tonight (where the salmon have been running) to see how things have changed following this weekend’s preseason action. It was just a $5 league, so it was a good time to draw the 10th pick out of ten–and therefore, also a good time to go WR/WR/WR/RB/WR to open things up…

1.10 Tyreek Hill
2.01 Davante Adams
3.10 CeeDee Lamb
4.01 Chris Carson
5.10 Brandon Aiyuk
6.01 Mike Davis

I was mainly curious to see where James Robinson would be drafted, and I was kind of surprised that he was still on the board in the 6th round–but I just couldn’t take Robinson with Davis still on the board. I guess if you’re a Robinson truther, you’d probly be pretty ecstatic to get Robinson in the 6th after loading up on WRs, but I’m seriously skeptical of the Jags ability to run the ball this year. I think Davis will land somewhere around RB15 by the end of this season, and it’s hard to see Robinson ascending any higher than that, from what we’ve seen of Urban Meyer’s new offense thus far.

Robinson went at 7.2. I can live with that; seems fair.

7.10 Damien Harris
8.01 Tyler Higbee
9.10 James Conner
10.01 Matthew Stafford
11.10 Kirk Cousins
12.01 Marvin Jones, Jr.
13.10 Evan Engram
14.01 Jameis Winston (Was targeting Daniel Jones here, but he was sniped at 13.09, so I improvised.)
15.10 Anthony Firkser
16.01 Mark Ingram II
17.10 Amon-Ra St. Brown

Definitely my best WR corps so far–and it din’t even put me too far behind at RB, with something like RB10, RB15 and RB20 falling to me in Rounds 4, 6 and 7.