Baker Mayfield Keeper Q

What’s up everyone?

New to the forum here, and wanted the opinions of some more experienced keeper players. Been playing redrafts for over 20 years but first season with a keeper. (Don’t judge :slight_smile:

First year keeper league. Cost is draft round of previous year and you can keep them for as long as you want, with the cost increasing a round per season. PPR, 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 FLEX(RB/WR/TE), 1 D/ST, 1 K starting lineup. 6 bench. Can keep up to 4 players.

I am keeping OJ Howard(15th), Aaron Jones(13th) for sure. I have no 14th and 2 11th’s. Can’t keep 1st or 2nd round picks. Straight draft and I draft 8th out of 10. Considering keeping James White(12th) and Edleman(8th).

My question revolves around Mayfield, which would cost me a 12th. I love the guy, but normally wait on QB’s. There have been 4 offers made to me for him:

DJ Moore(12th)
Sony Michel(9th)
5th round 2019 pick(I would have to send back a pick)
Stephon Diggs(3rd)

My gut is telling me to move him, but a 12th round pick is one hell of a value.

Thoughts would be appreciated.

James

I would definitely keep howard, jones and Edelman for sure. normally I’m not big of keeping qbs, but I might consider keeping him as your 4th keeper. I like james white in the 12th as well and I think the trade for an additional 5th rounder would be good assuming u trade back your last pick. not big on moore even tho u would get him well below his adp and its the same for michel. diggs in the 3rd doesn’t have much value. I would lean towards getting the 5th round pick because I think that player would be better than white and I would just wait and take a qb

1 Like

wouldn’t argue with keeping Mayfield or white either

Thanks for the reply. Your thoughts are very similar to what I’m thinking. Gonna give it a day or two and then decide.

James White in the 12th in a full PPR format is a STEAL. He finished RB7 last season and should get even more targets with Gronk retiring and all the new faces in town. It’s him and Edelman as the only guys Brady will trust.

I like the thought of getting rid of Mayfield since it’s a redraft league. I would probably go with the draft pick since I’d already be using my 4 keepers already.

OJ
Jones
White
Edelman
Trade Mayfield for 5th round pick.