‹ Main Site Forums Home My Account

Best provider - Setting auto draft list

Due to a symptom of chronic fatigue syndrome, I don’t feel confident enough in my mental dexterity to participate in a live draft. So the last couple Seasons I have manually set the auto draft order on the Yahoo leagues I have participated in. However, it’s quite cumbersome. Thus, I wanted to see if anyone else had experience with other providers and how easy or not it is to set they’re Auto draft list. Also would be happy to get any input on other Solutions. Finally, not looking for sympathy because I can always find that between stuff and syphilis in the dictionary. Haha :slight_smile:

You might want to add a co-owner. You guys can talk about who you like and don’t, what you want to use… and then let them draft for you. I love having co-owners personally. If you want to autodraft, I can’t really help there because I’ve never done it.

Jason,

Thanks for suggestion!

BTW - Please allow me to convey my thanks to you all for providing not only
an interesting & informative ffb show but also a much-needed oasis of
friendship & civility from the divisiveness/despair we all see in the daily
news. So the next time you guys hit the studio, take a second to think
that you’re probably doing much more than just discussing a hobby we love.

Best regards & continued success,
Monte Neal

I have never had any luck using the auto draft set up, drafts never go as planned and the computer will not make changes as the draft goes. I agree with Jason, if you don’t have a friend you trust to draft for you as a co-owner I am sure there is a footballer on here that would be more than happy to help a fellow out.

Jason,

While your advice that I get a co-manager to do a live draft instead of me auto drafting is most definitely solid, for a number of reasons I went ahead and researched how to maximize my results using Yahoo’s auto draft program.

In my research I auto drafted three teams and during that process I figured out Yahoo’s key programming principal and how to work with it to draft a team that was as good or better than a majority of live drafters. You’ll be happy to know that I set my draft queue using a Cheat Sheet from my UDK subscription and applied the tiers to the queue as well.

Because of the results I produced from the method I created, I felt impelled to write it up in a very readable, usable and yet efficient article of 1,620 words. The article contains tables showing not only how I set my queue from the UDK Cheat Sheet but also the results I got by round, not by name, but rather by position, their tier and overall position numbers from the UDK.

While the article is about hands on auto drafting, there is only one other quality/comprehensive article on the web that readily pops up and it is over a decade old. Thus, it may drive web traffic.

I have gone ahead and taken the liberty of emailing a PDF copy of the article to info@thefantasyfootballers.com with the subject line: Attn Jason: Auto Draft Article. However, let me know if you’d like me to send it to another address and/or if you’d like the MS Word file.

Finally, I’m not asking for any compensation but simply if you’d give it a read and let me know if you all would like to post and/or if you need me to make any changes to for to get it “post-able”.

Best, Monte

Jason,

Article bounced back so let me know if/how you’d like to receive a copy.