Best way to "kick out" a couple leaguemates

We have a 12 team dynasty league (free league) that we have been doing for several years now.

There’s a a group of 3-4 guys in our league that have never been competitive, never make trades, and whenever you do offer them a trade (even if it’s a serious offer); they’ll either ignore the offer or counter with something ridiculous (i.e. ask for half your roster).

There’s several of us in the league that have grown tired of these teams never being competitive, the good players on their roster basically being on “dead teams,” and their overall attitude towards the teams. We want our league to be competitive, but because of how they run their teams there is a big chasm between the competitive teams and these guys.

My question is, for those of you who have gone down this road before. What is the most diplomatic approach to asking these guys to “leave?” And how did you retool your league to get it to be more competitive?

Just looking for advice because myself and the other commissioner do not want to be jerks about it and want to do it civilly.

Thank you in advance.

You can tell them that I know you all are having fun but if you aren’t going to take a more serious role in the league than we will have to look for someone else to take your team over. Its not we don’t want you to be a part of it its we want you to be more active

1 Like