‹ Main Site Forums Home My Account

Bill Callahan playcall tendencies

Comments this week suggest Bill Callahan will feature the running game because he is old (and he said he would). His previous tenure as a head coach featured high percentage short passes which lead to Rich Gannon’s MVP season and a Super Bowl appearance before the Raiders disintegrated following their SB loss to John Gruden’s Bucs

1 Like

Interesting. Do you think the current turmoil of their situation would cause him to change/adjust that philosophy? If so, how?

1 Like

Hard to say. He ran pretty much the same scheme when he was HC at Nebraska, even though he did not have the personnel for it. This was over a decade ago though so…

1 Like

One other somewhat interesting piece of Bill Callahan Trivia. Zac Taylor (Bengals HC) was Callahan’s most successful QB at Nebraska.

1 Like

I can see being evasive about the gameplan- see Bill Bilichick* -but I doubt he’d outright lie. If he says that’s the plan, I’ll accept it. But it almost sounds defeatist. Which I can also accept because they’re not in a good place. But they have arguably their best chance of the season to look like they’re figuring things out this week. The Miami Mirage has fooled alot of people inflating opponents stat line. I mean, this is it. I had no interest in this game- other than streaming WSH DEF lol. But you’ve piqued my curiosity

1 Like

I’m planning on playing McLaurin. Maybe I am a fool, but the matchup is too good not to, especially with Keenum back.

2 Likes

Case Keenum is worth a look in Superflex or as a bye week filler. Terry McLaurin had value regardless. I could see an actual boost for Chris Thompson Not brave enough to consider Trey Quinn or Paul Richardson though.

1 Like

You know, I don’t have a huge circle. But I wasn’t hearing enough about what Thompson CAN do for this team. I was only hearing about what Peterson CANT do…I think the joke was 30 rushes for 20 yards. Thompson is a very dynamic talent thats not getting the volume he should. I guarantee Andy Reid or Bilichick would have that dude performing at a high level. McVay too. Those teams are good because the coaches understand not only personelle, but personality.

1 Like