‹ Main Site Forums Home My Account

Calvin johnson.... to the raiders?!

!!! If lions release him, he wants to play for oakland… what would this do for cooper? Or crabtree? This jist cant happen.

I’m just here to yell “ALL ABOARDDDDD!!!”

I haven’t read anything about this being a possibility. However, Calvin lost a lot of steps and would operate in the Red Zone or short yardage situations.

That is Crabtree’s role.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=/amp/s/www.silverandblackpride.com/platform/amp/2017/7/11/15956500/calvin-johnson-wants-to-play-derek-carr-still-be-playing-football-if-lions-released-his-contract&ved=0ahUKEwjx0vaGpYTVAhXjxYMKHSgHARIQiJQBCCEwAQ&usg=AFQjCNEJd2iYsVeUo99Q7JGAwH-zY91dAA

It’s not something that I’m expecting to happen, it’s just buzz right now. It’s still fun, (and frankly horrifying as a chiefs fan) to think of what could have been .

This wont happen unless Detroit can be convinced to trade or release Johnson, which doesn’t seem likely. If that does happen and he becomes a member of the Raiders both Cooper and Crabtree lose value. How much value they lose is dependent on what type of shape Johnson is in. The article never quotes him as saying that he wanted to play in Oakland. He states that he likes Derek Carr and Aaron Rodgers has a cannon for an arm. This seems to be an example of a reporter who dealing with a dead time in sports by creating a story.