Commish Advise

I have heard of this being done in leagues but have never been in one that has done it myself.

Considering making it to where the winner of the consolation bracket gets a pick in between the 1st and 2nd rounds. In this case it would be pick 11.

Have you experienced this before? What are your thoughts on it?

I wouldnt like that if it were my league, despite being the consolation champ 3 years running :sob: Just throw it out to your league.

Is you consolation bracket based on winning or losing? Meaning does the winning team or losing team continue through the bracket.

For a 10 team league I’m not sure it’s required. In my experience, the purpose of the “extra” draft pick is to compensate a losing team with the end result being a more balanced league. That losing team is likely receiving the x.01 thru x.03 draft pick next year and due to a smaller league the value of the 2.0z pick is inherently increased.

The other purpose could be to incentivize more teams to complete during playoffs assuming the winning team continues thought the playoff bracket. In this case, I prefer a cash intensive. Extend weekly high score into the playoffs or a lump sum to the consolation bracket champ.

Couple items to consider:

• Does your platform support this? Don’t make your job as the commish harder than it needs to be.
  • Could you use the 2.11/3.11 as a prize outside of your league?

I implemented a Prop Bets activity for one of my leagues, where the winner receives the pick between the 2nd and 3rd round of a dynasty rookie draft (2.17).

During the summer I release approx 30 different categories and managers populate answers. Most correct answers at end of year (including Superbowl categories) wins that pick. We decided the 2.17 was valuable enough to award but inconsequential to the draft.