Concept Leagues

This is the rough idea I could use help workshopping

Alright, so I had an idea while watching Ted Lasso…… Could this European pyramid system work for Fantasy Football. I think it is a perfect fit. I don’t know about everyone else but I have consistently brainstormed ideas to keep 90% of the league I play in competing all year long. I want there to be stakes in my leagues and I think this format could work. There are prizes for almost every form of winning and penalties for losing.

Now this post is NOT looking for teams at this time, there will be a follow up post. This is to take suggestions and work out some kinks. So here we go:

The Pyramid Overall Breakdown –

• The Pyramid would consist of 2 Leagues. A Top Tier and a Bottom Tier. Each league would have 12 teams.

• Full PPR

• $35 buy in to the pyramid (will be split differently through tiers)

• QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, FLX, FLX, TE, DST and 6 BN

• FAAB Waivers Run: Daily with the Exception of Sundays and Mondays - those days are FA days for players who have yet to play.

• Trade Review: None (Commissioner can overturn in emergency scenarios-considered the nuclear option)

• Trade Deadline: End of Week 11.

• 6 Team Playoffs and 6 Team Consolation brackets ( These Matter in this league )

• Playoffs/Consolation start are 3 rounds from week 15-17new 17 game season

• There are no divisions within leagues

• Playoffs are decided by records, and “Points For” are tie breakers followed by H2H record

• Playoffs Re-seed - Higher seeded teams always play lower-seeded teams in every round.

Top Tier–

• Traditional Draft with trades for draft picks being enabled
  • The Top Tier league can* keep 1 player each year in replacement for their 1rd pick.
  • FAAB Budget of 150

Regular season *(RS) Standing stakes –

• 1st and 2nd place get Playoff bye
  • 1st team gets to rename the 12th ranked teams from the date of locking the 1st seed until end of season
  • 7th and 8th get consolation bracket bye
  • Bottom teams (10th, 11th and 12th) are slated to be relegated/demoted to the second tier team.

Tier One Playoff Stakes

• $315
  • $70
  • $35

Consolation Bracket Stakes

Winner- Immunity from Relegation/Demotion and $35

If a team slated for demotion/relegation wins the consolation bracket they will gain immunity and the 9th team (RS record) will then me relegated/demoted.

**RS - 7th and 8th team will try to win to get their money back

The 9th team is competing to survive and get their money back

10th-12th is playing for immunity and their money back.

Bottom Tier-

• Traditional Draft with trades for draft picks being enabled
  • No Keepers
  • FAAB budget of 100

RS Standing stakes –

• 1st and 2nd place get Playoff bye
  • 1st team gets to rename the 12th ranked teams from the date of locking the 1st seed until end of season
  • 7th and 8th get consolation bracket bye

Bottom Tier Playoff Stakes

• $315
  • $35
  • $35

*TOP THREE get promoted to Top Tier league the following season

Consolation Bracket Stakes

Winner of the Consolation gets to choose their draft position for the following year

Possible edits or thoughts to talk out –

• Is there a 1 year qualifier? Top 6 teams in each league start the official top tier season the following year or do we do a random drawing for who starts in which tier.
  • Since the benefit to the European system is based around money, should these be auction leagues, with the top tier having a larger budget?(prizes would have to be changed)