Cousins/Foles start help

Cousins vs Seahawks or Foles vs Buccaneers

1 Like

Bump for help

My QB model projects Foles to be the QB2 this week and Cousins the QB19. So it seems like Foles is the easy answer, and I would have no problem streaming him this week (I am in one league). There are a couple of mitigating conditions though:
-Foles’ ranking is based on a very small sample size - two full games - so there is risk and he has the most likely variance
-Over the last six weeks, Cousins has outperformed expectation based on schedule-adjusted fantasy points allowed by over 5 points. If we assume that trend continues versus his full-season numbers, Cousins would be ranked around QB5 this week.

On balance I would still go with Foles because the matchup is so great (Tampa Bay is allowing the most schedule-adjusted fantasy points to opposing QBs this year). But it’s close, and the less risky play is probably Cousins, so if you’re heavily favored to win I would probably go for Cousins. Otherwise I’d roll with Foles.

Hope this helps. Good luck!

-Dan
Please check out my Week 13 streaming post where I provide weekly and rest-of-season rankings, scoring projections and waiver recommendations for QBs, TEs and DSTs. Comments and feedback are welcome. Thanks!

1 Like