Curtis Samuel or Damien Williams or

Hey all, who should I start between Curtis Samuel and Damien Williams and maybe even Alshon as a wildcard here. Samuel is playing the Bucs (31st against WRs) and Williams is playing the Texans (24th against RBs), but he is also returning from an injury. Alshon is also a maybe here for me because I know he’ll get the targets, but he’s playing against the Vikings.

Or I could just really go crazy and throw Will Dissly in my FLEX. As you can tell from my rambling, I’m overthinking and need some advice in the worst way! Thanks!

I’m really not a fan of anyone on Carolina’s offense outside of CMC, so I would scratch Samuel.

As for Alshon, Minnesota has held Julio Jones, Davante, Allen Robinson, and Tyrell Williams (each teams’ WR1) to 9, 10, 9, and 7 points, respectively. So I would expect similar figures for Alshon.

As for Damien, the Chiefs are looking to bounce back against Houston and considering Mahommes’ ankle is not 100%, they will likely rely on the run a little more this week. Furthermore, I wouldn’t be surprised if Andy Reid steals a page out of Frank Reich’s playbook and keeps the ball on the ground to keep Watson sidelined as long as possible.

That said, if your matchup is close, go with Alshon as his floor is secure. If you need to cover a spread, go with Damien as his ceiling is higher this week (in my opinion).

1 Like