Dalvin Cook | Alexander Mattison

If Dalvin Cook plays tonight and I’m both the Cook and Mattison owner, what do I do?? Play both??

Unfortunately, if Cook is good enough to play, he will be in your line up over Mattison.

2 Likes

Agreed. Just keep an eye on the warmup reports though. Only way I play Mattison with an active Cook is if Cook is mostly just watching warmups and seems to be active in an emergency role only (ala Henderson/Sony last week).

I suppose the worry is a few things: 1) There’s a 50/50 timeshare. 2) He reinjures the shoulder. 3) Vikings get ahead early and pull him. It’s not starting cook that’s the problem to me, but more if I should start both. My other options are Ameer Abdullah, Tim Patrick, or Rashod Bateman in the flex. (14 team league, so slim pickings) As an insult to injury, I win I make the playoffs; I lose, I miss the playoffs.

Same here–have both Cook and Mattison.

I think the real issue is who are you BENCHING in order to play both? In my case:

My other RBs are Mixon, Jacobs, and Chase Edmonds. I’m playing Mixon, obviously, and Jacobs is better bet than Edmonds, so I’d be benching Jacobs.

If I play Cook, Mattison, and Mixon, I’m guessing I get 20 points combined between Cook and Mattison split, and 15-20 for Mixon (35-40 points if play all three).

Alternatively, I take a chance on Cook (for between 5-15), Jacobs (10-15), and Mixon (15-20) which would give me a range of 30-50. So upside says I should play Cook if he goes. But this week is a win and in for me in playoffs, so agonizing! Wish/hope they just declare Cook out…

Cook is officially active and I am going to roll the dice and play him. I think the guys on the podcast were right…if they are putting him out there, Cook will be the featured back.

I’m playing Cook tonight which if he is a dud let’s me know what I need to do with my lineup moving forward in the week. Other RB’s are Zeke/Pollard, Henderson/Michelle and Javonte Williams.

Matchup up is for league title and #1 seed. So I’m going for home run!

I hope you played Cook because through the 1st qtr he looks pretty good.

2 Likes

I think Cook just won me a league title. 205 yards rushing!

1 Like

Played Cook and benched Mattison (thank you Lord). My goodness what a beast.

3 Likes

Definitely the right choice.

Luckily for me, the team I play this week chose wrong. They kept Mattison in over Cook. Yay!

2 Likes

Awesome for you! My stomach is turning imagining those points on the bench.
Gotta play your studs.

1 Like