Dalvin Cook Owners Unite!

What are you guys doing with this Dalvin Cook situation? I personally am starting him, but should I also flex Mattison?

I personally am struggling with this because I also have Chris Carson and Rashaad Penney. I want to start Cook and Carson (which makes sense) but what about that flex spot? Flex Penney or Mattison? Or a random WR like James Washington against ARI?

I think Carson and Penney is the stronger timeshare. It’s a mystery at this point how much work Mattison will get if Cook is active, but Penney is solidified in a committee role now, so I would play Carson and Penney if you have to flex the other RB in either situation. What players do you have as options besides James Washington?

1 Like

I actually just dropped Washington for Robby Anderson and was going to flex him.

My roster:
RB: Cook/Mattison duo, Carson/Penney duo, McCoy, David Johnson (cause I just can’t drop him)
WR: Edelman, Golladay, Anderson

My initial thoughts on my lineup are Cook and Carson at RB, and flex Penney or Anderson. My opponent is starting Darnald so I don’t know if that helps or hinders me flexing Anderson.

definitely Penney or Anderson. Hard to say which one for sure honestly…both could have good games, but Robby against Miami could be great.

Well if Cook is a go then I can’t possibly not start him. My flex position just go easier since I have Lev Bell in it so if he doesn’t play, Mattison is surely going in there.

I do see AJ Brown, Patrick Laird, and Bilal Powell out there. Should I not flex Mattison and plug one of these guys in there?

And I agree with @Rosso24 - Carson/Penny would be the way to go if you wanted to keep a RB in flex. Anderson is an awesome flex if you feel comfortable flexing a WR (I hardly ever flex WR- RB all the way!).

Yeah, it’s a tough one. Definitely starting Cook at this point, but Cook may only play the first half if they get up quick. I think it depends on whether you are favored to win or not. If so, I think you flex Mattison and then you are covered if Cook goes out early, and even if he doesn’t Mattison might put up pretty good numbers. I’m a big underdog (limped into the 6th seed with Julio and T.Y. on my bench), so I am not going to flex Mattison. I have to hope Cook puts up a big game and my flex does too (probably Curtis samuel vs. TB).

Good luck!

So how you do?

I pulled out the win. I started Cook and Carson as my RB’s and flexed Robby Anderson, who came in clutch for my team. I did however, bench Winston but still managed to win lol.

Congratulations! That’s awesome.