Dalvin Cook Playoffs

I’m sitting at 7-3 in my 12-team PPR league and starting to look toward planning for the fantasy playoffs. I drafted Dalvin Cook at Round 1 Pick 5 and, of course, have been really happy with his production thus far. He struck me as a ‘the matchup doesn’t matter, he’s a beast’ type of player until I watched MNF against CHI last night. He struggled with efficiency against a good run defense (though he managed to have a decent fantasy game on volume alone).

Looking ahead, Cook plays three stout run defenses in the fantasy playoffs (TB, CHI, NO). Looking at other top tier RBs, I noticed that Derrick Henry has a BREEZE of a playoff schedule (JAX, DET, GB), as does Aaron Jones (DET, CAR, TEN). Strongly considering exploring trading Cook in a deal involving either of these players and another piece (I was the Dak owner and have been streaming QBs with varying success since, so a solid QB would be nice).

Am I crazy for considering trading such a valuable player heading into the playoffs? Trade deadline in Nov 20 in my league. Thanks in advance, FootClan!

I wouldn’t. Even though Henry has a great schedule, since your in a PPR Henry just doesn’t get targeted. I may think about Kamara because of that reason. But otherwise I’d just stick with Cook because he is the focal point of the offense as compared to Jones. Anyone is too much of a drop off in value.

2 Likes

That’s been the talk of the town for the last 2 weeks.
If you feel comfortable trading Cook for either of those 2 guys I totally understand. I have Henry in a league and I almost traded for Cook, but the Cook owner wanted more than what I was offering. Rightfully so.
Fantasy playoffs are still far away- a lot could happen in the next couple of weeks. A lot can happen to your RBs and a lot can happen to defenses as well. If you trade Cook, go for those 2 guys but get something else extra in return. If you can’t, well you still have the best RB right now.

NOTE: Also add Kamara to that. Thanks Suntansuperman19

2 Likes