‹ Main Site Forums Home My Account

Dalvin Cook thoughts

For some reason I just don’t see it with Cook. Should I sell him high now? I have Zeke, Montgomery and Buck Allen. I’m afraid Cook will struggle to find the end zone this year

You probably can sell him with the depth you have at RB. However, I am more optimistic than you as long as MIN can get the passing game back to help establish the run. He is averaging 5.6 YPC over 2 games, so he is definitely productive. I think bc MIN was down early in Week 2, they tried to put in McKinnon and Murray as change-of-pace backs to try to ignite the offense, but Cook still averaged 5.3 YPC on only 12 touches. He almost scored but his knee was down early on that TD. I think he sees a bit more receptions if Bradford gets back and has better chances.

personally i like cook, and i would buy him. If i had him, i would keep him. I think he is the best rookie out of the 2017 rookie class. Yes that means i think he is better than hunt. How ever if bradford is out, there is going to be issues for Cook.

Thanks for your insights. I’ll hang onto him. Hopefully the O-line can improve throughout the season.

Really? Better than Hunt??? I would say no although it’s still early because we haven’t really seen Cook involved in the passing game as much as Hunt has been. But you can’t deny Hunt has been spectacular with Alex Smith at QB and effective! He averaged 8.7 YPC against NE, and even if that was a fluke, 6.2 YPC against PHI. He also has been a beast catching passes. The Steelers have been better against the run than PHI though. Let’s see!

The more i analyze it and try to argue against it i cant. Cook is a stud but given the situations Hunt is the better piece here (chiefs o line and coach> viking o-line and coach).

With that said, all things equal (o-line and team situation) i would take cook. virtually the same size, but hes faster, more athletic and his pedigree is better than Hunts (Florida state >>> Toledo).