Darnold or Carr Week 12

Hey everyone. I’ve been starting Cousins in my 12-team, 4 pt per passing TD league, with Darnold backing him up. This week Carr is available as a free agent and is ranked higher than Darnold this week, but Darnold has had a few better weeks since the “seeing ghosts” game, and I feel like he has higher upside for the rest of the season.

Is it better to start Darnold this week and be able to put him in if something happens to Cousins this week, based on the upside, or should I move to Carr?

1 Like

For this week alone, I would lean slightly to Carr due to a perceived higher floor. That being said, they both are in good match ups and are both decent plays this week. Therefore, I would keep Darnold because he gets the bengals and dolphins the 2 weeks after so I would just hold him in case you want to use him at all later.

Both are decent plays this week, but I would try to find other options after that. My model projects Darnold to be the QB10 this week and Carr to be the QB13, so I would play Darnold this week. ROS, Darnold is also projected just higher than Carr, but neither are great. Weeks 13-16, Darnold is projected to be the QB21 & Carr the QB22. Since you mentioned Cousins, he projects to be the QB19 over the last four weeks of the season. My full QB model is below for reference, it might help identify some better options to roll with after this week.

-Dan
Please check out my Week 12 streaming post here where I provide weekly and rest-of-season rankings, scoring projections and waiver recommendations for QBs, TEs and DSTs. Comments and feedback are welcome.