‹ Main Site Forums Home My Account

Desperate QB situation

Limping along until Luck returns, but trying to claw my way to the playoffs. Stole a win this week with Josh McCown at QB (after starting Jay Cutler and Jared Goff multiple weeks each and Andy Dalton in Week 1), but I doubt he’s my best option going forward. If it matters, my opponent is the best team in the league and averaging about 25 more points than me per game.

So here’s the guys on the waiver wire for Week 7 ($60 in FAAB left):
-Tyrod Taylor vs. TB
-Andy Dalton at PIT
-Eli Manning vs. SEA
-Jared Goff vs. ARI
-Jay Cutler vs. NYJ
-CJ Beathard vs. DAL
-Blake Bortles at IND
-Brett Hundley vs. NO
-Case Keenum vs. BAL
-Jacoby Brissett vs. JAX
-Joe Flacco at MIN
-Mitchell Trubisky vs. CAR
-Kevin Hogan vs. TEN

Who from that list of star quarterbacks would you pick up to start in Week 7?

def Tyrod for me. and then Bortles if you need massive touchdown upside. I don’t use FAAB so I’m not sure how much to bid… but maybe a decent amount since Tyrod can be you weekly starter basically now that his bye is over. should have been prepping for TB all week and Palmer just lit em up for most the game

Yeah I kinda like Tyrod too. I feel like he’s probably my best option.

yeah i would go Tyrod also. Tampa just got torched by Carson Palmer. and his rushing upside gives him a higher floor than a lot others.

Any thoughts on FAAB?

i dont have a lot of experience with FAAB, but just take a look at the rest of your leagues QBs for week 7. You can probably narrow down which teams will be reaching for the waiver wire, if any whether it be bad matchup or affected by injury/byes. make your best judgement knowing your league? I wouldnt do no more than 10%, especially if hes been on waivers all season. sorry i dont have much experience with FAAB.

Ugh…so I’ll be competing with one or two other owners. I have $60, Stafford (bye) owner has $62. Rodgers owner has $84 with Siemian on the roster too, but he may be hurt too?

Just to update the discussion, I went in on Tyrod at $15 and got him. Other owner with a QB need bid $6, and now he’s rolling with Jared Goff for this week.

Went 4-for-4 on my waiver pickups this week, getting Taylor (dropping Josh McCown), John Brown ($1, dropping Jaron Brown), Nick O’Leary ($0, dropping Coby Fleener) and the New Orleans defense ($0, dropping Atlanta). Pretty excited going into this week.

Still not favored to win, but cut the projected margin from 25 to 4 against the second best team in the league, and I’m only a game out of the last playoff spot.

QB: Tyrod Taylor
RB: Le’Veon Bell
RB: Doug Martin
WR: Michael Thomas
WR: Larry Fitzgerald
FLEX: John Brown
TE: Nick O’Leary
K: Brandon McManus
DST: New Orleans

Bench: Amari Cooper, Ty Montgomery, Paul Richardson, Andre Ellington, Elijah McGuire, Jonathan Stewart, Andrew Luck, Danny Woodhead (IR)