DeVante Parker in a Dynasty league

What do we do with this guy in Dynasty leagues? I spent a high 1st round pick on him and I’m hesitant to drop him now. I wonder if he’s failed to produce because of his incompetence or Miami’s incompetence. He has zero trade value and I’m curious to see where he ends up in free agency. I have to make room on the roster for the upcoming rookie draft and he’s one of my drop candidates, but I just don’t know what to do.

You’re assessment of Parker is accurate - zero trade value. My guess is his inability to breakout can be attributed to both the team and the player.

Care to post the rest of your roster and how many drops you need to make?

Sure thing. We start qb, wr, wr, rb, rb, te, flex, k, dst. I for sure need to cut one player before the draft to get to a legal roster size due to players no longer being on IR when the season starts. I’ve traded away my 2nd and 3rd round draft picks, so I only have a 1st, 4th and 5th round pick in this years draft. I doubt that I’ll use the 4th or 5th.

Aaron Rodgers
Dak Prescott
Josh Rosen

Melvin Gordon
Devonte Freeman
Derrius Guice
Chris Carson
Ito Smith
Rashaad Penny
Justin Jackson
Kalen Ballage
Chris Warren

Stefon Diggs
Keenan Allen
Tyler Boyd
Corey Davis (DeVante Parker 2.0?)
Anthony Miller
Marquez Valdes-Scantling
Keke Coutee
DeVante Parker

Zach Ertz
George Kittle
David Njoku
Tyler Eifert (IR)

Ka’imi Fairbairn

Cleveland Browns DST

How many are you looking to drop for the rookie draft?
My drop order would be:
Fairbarin
Browns DST
Rosen
Eifert
Warren or Parker

The logic is, unless your dynasty league is different than mine, you can find kickers and Defs on waivers so they are always top drop candidates for me. Next is Rosen, not only do you not need him with Rodgers and Dak being solid depth for a 1QB league, theres a chance Ari moves on from him. Eifert might never play football again and you have 3 solid TEs (I would actually look to trade Ertz or Kittle for a WR2). Finally Warren or Parker, both are unproven but on bad Off and might breakout given the chance.

Finally, I ALWAYS look to trade my drop candidates, even for pennies on the dollar, before dropping them.

Yeah, I was thinking kicker and DST, since that’s what I do every season. The problem with that is that I end up having to drop two of these guys to get a k or dst anyway and for some reason, the dst’s are hoarded in this league. That’s why I’m stuck with the Browns. I was also thinking Rosen, since I JUST traded for Rodgers. I need to drop 3 when it’s all said and done. I’ve also been trying to trade away some of my dead weight with no luck.

Sounds like you’re thinking and doing all the right things. Good luck; and, if you can’t move any of the guys in time, I still think K/Def is the right call. You should be able to tell in the preseason if Parker has a chance to do something. New HC and maybe new QB creates a lot of uncertainty; which, in parker’s case, is a good thing since he can’t get much worse lol