‹ Main Site Forums Home My Account

Devonta Freeman

Having trouble understanding how Devonta Freeman has such a high ADP, even in a PPR format he doesn’t catch my eye until late in the second round. I have many guys (Gordon, Ajayi, Howard) all rated above him. I feel Atlanta’s offense is going to see serious regression from last season without Shannahan. Still feels like a RBBC as well with all of Colemans talent. So how is he rated higher than the guys above? Feedback appreciated.

Even if they regress to the team they were in 2015, Freeman was still a top 10 RB in 2015. Back to back great years from a guy who the team loves, who catches the ball, is a goal line guy, and looks great on film is hard to come by. Freeman has won me over and I’m taking him over Gordon, Ajayi, and Howard personally.

Thanks for feedback, love this forum by the way

Glad to hear it! I can’t imagine how crazy it will get in season.

To add to what Jason already said, Coleman’s increased production in 2016 also was not detrimental to Freeman’s. They both have roles in this high paced offense and can give each other breathers to stay fresh/less likely to get fatigue based injuries throughout the year (the team has said they want to change as little as possible to the way it runs).

To support Jason, Freeman has been extremely consistent and been a top 10 back last two years despite Tevin Colemans production.

There’s only ONE running back who’s had 1,000+ rushing yards the last two seasons. Freeman.