Do I bench Mahomes?

In the 2nd week of my 1st round playoff matchup, currently up by 15 points in a standard scoring league. I have Mahomes and Tannehill, am I crazy to think about starting Tannehill over Mahomes this week?

1 Like

My QB model has Mahomes projected to be the QB17 and Tannehill to be the QB2 this week. That said, Mahomes is clearly the better talent, and there is an argument that in a game where KC has everything to play for it makes sense to trust him against a defense that is good but is effectively out of the playoff hunt. If you would not be able to live with losing while Mahomes is on your bench, you should probably stick with him. The Ballers also have Mahomes ranked higher than Tannehill this week despite the tough matchup.

That said, I would personally go with Tannehill. He can also blow up for a big game, has a better matchup, has been excellent in six out of his seven starts, and is a little more likely to chip in with rushing yardage for his floor. Good luck whichever way you go.

My QB model is below for reference. Hope that helps.

-Dan
Please check out my Week 15 streaming post where I provide weekly and rest-of-season rankings, scoring projections and waiver recommendations for QBs, TEs and DSTs. Comments and feedback are welcome. Thanks!