‹ Main Site Forums Home My Account

Does Samaje Perine have any value?

I will be shocked if Derrius Guice is not the starter by week 1, and Chris Thompson will probably handle passing down work again as long as he’s healthy. The question then becomes is Samaje Perine the handcuff for Guice or would that be Rob Kelley?

I’ve noticed Darren Sproles is available on my waiver wire. Obviously the Philly backfield is just as crowded if not more so, but is that a worthwhile add/drop for me? Which guy would you rather have in 0.5 ppr?

It’s probably too early to tell what perines role in the offense will be this year. But if Sproles is starting like they say, in a pass heavy offense I’d say he’s the better option. Especially since it’s half ppr

Have to agree with that as well, i don’t think Perine has much value at the moment and if something did happen to Guice i think him and Kelly will split the work, more in Perine’s favour but still not a great scenario to be in. I mean Sproles will have a role on the Eagles offense but will lose some passing down work to Clement after what he did in the playoffs and superbowl, he’s earned the right for more work in that department. I’d maybe hold Perine as the handcuff here, as it’s dynasty Sproles might be good for one year and then gone anyway so unless you have the roster to win it all now and can hold him for a year and flex on occasion then sure, if not then leave him.

Assuming dynasty here, in redraft i might give the edge to Sproles as a one year stop gap for depth.

It is dynasty, so you’re probably right, I’ll hold onto Perine. I’ll just keep Sproles in mind if I have any training camp injuries and hope nobody else notices him on waivers

To early to give up in Perine, if it’s a deepish dynasty league. I doubt he has much of a role unless Guice goes down, but I do think he’s the early down guy if Guice misses time. There’s still value there.