Draft Day 2020

So here it is, the day we’ve all been waiting for. More important than Christmas or New Year’s Eve. More special than birthdays, your own children included. To quote one Gerard Butler:

“THIS IS DRAFT DAY!!”

While that’s not entirely accurate, the Fantasy Football season does have a certain Spartan feeling. You’re outnumbered, you’re picking the best players available to do battle and you have to be able to adapt based on different situations. To some of you, it’s a culmination of weeks, perhaps months, of studying to perfect your strategy for this very day. Hours upon hours of crunching numbers, mock drafting and listening to podcasts. It really can be a daunting, yet rewarding, task.

All that being said, its extremely important to remember this is ultimately just a game. It should never interfere with your well being or the well being of your family. It can be very time consuming, if you’re dedicated, AND unforgiving, if a player of yours gets injured. Do your best not to dwell on the lows, however, as it will only affect your judgment moving forward.

And don’t forget to have FUN! Talk trash to your leaguemates. Post funny memes or GIFs on how you schooled your latest matchup. Start a tradition. Maybe a trophy for first and a punishment for last place. Make it interesting. Those are some of the reasons why people return each and every year.

So that’s just my two cents on what I’m thinking of on this special day. To my fellow Footclan members drafting in the Megalabowl: Best of luck and I’ll be seeing some of you soon. And like another famous Kevin once said:

“This is it. Don’t get scared now.” :football:

1 Like

Instructions unclear; lost family.

1 Like