‹ Main Site Forums Home My Account

Draft day foods

What’s your favorite draft day food or drink?

The bitter taste of regret.

then beer…to wash it down.

We get a canes 100 piece!!

Mr. ButterFace relies heavily on a high snack count for any draft he’ll be a part of.

As for what those snacks look like, well, toasted english muffins with some butter and jam go quite well with an early morning draft.

Otherwise, Mr. ButterFace thinks it a necessity to invest in some Double Stuff Oreos. They are deeeeelicious… and they don’t get the fingers all dirty/greasy when you’re scrambling through your printed out UDK for your next pick. (Which is why a wise man told him never to have cheetos or hot wings at a draft.)

We start the day across the street at the legendary Los Toros. Most of the gang dives right into those famous house margarita pitchers, but this isn’t a game for me, it’s a lifestyle; therefore, I stick to the bean dip. I think this year they’re on to me, so I’m gonna go with pizza and whip up some of my homemade beer margaritas.

you’re gonna want those spicy nachos

We have a league with 12 of us from the same high school and we’ve all gone separate ways geographically, but our league keeps us interacting. The last couple of years we’ve done a “Beer Swap” in which everyone brings a six pack of a micro-brew or specialty brew from wherever they live now. It’s been pretty awesome to taste beers from Colorado, California, Michigan, etc. We like to Gronk out while someone over-drafts Gronk.

Mr. Butterface: I can’t believe it’s not butter… that you wanted in your face for draft day delights

Box of Twinkies, salty cured meats, pork rinds, hot sauce and a cube of PBR.

Beef jerky, Pizza, Tostitos Scoops with the Jalepeno dip. Oreos are a must and then drink wise make sure you have something that’s not too filling. Coke and Pepsi will make you very full. Always reccomend a good gallon of sweet tea or Cream Soda.

We have a 14 team league and we always run through 175 wings and then order a few pizzas during the later rounds

The slow cooker of Queso is a staple for drafts and sports watching parties at my place:
Base:

• 1 # Velveeta, cut into cubes (you can talk all the crap you want, but this makes the best cheese dip)
  • plenty of Monterey Jack or Mexican Cheese mix, shredded
  • 1 qt cream or milk
  • 1 can chipotles in adobo, mince the chipotles and add to taste (plus add a few spoonfuls of the adobo sauce)
    Add the velveeta, about half of the cheese, the chipotles and sauce, and 1-1 1/2 cups cream.
    Let this melt together, adding more shredded cheese or cream to get the right consistency (you can also use the shredded cheese and milk to replenish when it gets low).
    Salt to taste (if you have really salty chips, bear that in mind when doing this)
    Toppings:
  • 8 oz chorizo, casings removed, crumbled and cooked until brown in a pan
  • 2-3 scallions sliced thin

You can do a lot with this base recipe but its great as is with chips, or even with homemade soft pretzels. Alton Brown has a good recipe here (lots of fun to do with kids anytime that isn’t draft day too): http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/homemade-soft-pretzels-recipe-1948242

And the classic French onion dip:

• 1 packet Lipton French onion soup mix
  • 1 pint Sour Cream
    Mix it early and hide it from the family. My preference is to serve with ruffles - adds stability for a hefty amount of dip.

I love beef jerky as well!

That’s a lot of indigestion.

and a candy dish full of Tums.

:pizza: and :pizza:

Just noticed, Brooks does look like Paul Giamatti, handsome version.https://cdn.pastemagazine.com/www/system/images/photo_albums/paul-giamatti/large/31-giamatti-ironclad.jpg?1384968217

Gotta go with the classic wings, pizza and beer!