‹ Main Site Forums Home My Account

Draft decisions help

So if you get the 8th pick up you would most likely be selecting from players like Melvin Gordon, Fournette, Dalvin Cook, Odell, Thomas, Julio, Allen and maybe hopkins.

How would you rank that? Would you take Hopkins over Melvin Gordon if they are available in the 1.8

This is how I would do it personally but everyone has guys they like more than others. Also, this is based on .5 ppr

Gordon
Odell
Fournette
Cook
Hopkins
Thomas
Julio

The news about Julio today has me super nervous. If he doesn’t hold out I have right behind Odell, but it looks like that situation is ugly.

gordon
hopkins
odell
fournette
thomas
julio
cook

there is only 1 elite RB in that list i still want over the elite pair of odell and hopkins. after that its the next big volume guy, then the next teir of elite WRs (even if julio misses all of camp, im not worried about him so long as he plays week 1) then its cook. cooks full roll is still not really known. his 4 games were heavy work load, light to mid work load, and it switched from game to game. im still confident in him, but if he gets 200 carries i have him lower than the other RB1s just cause volume. so yeah, pretty easy. priortize elite RBs, then take your value pick for a WR (odell and hopkins that late is great value) and so on.

Where would Kennan Allen rank among those players?

for me its

Gordon
Hopkins
Odell
Fourtnette
Allen
Thomas
Julio
Cook

I’m taking both Hopkins and Odell over everyone in that class. Honestly if that is whats falling to me at 1.08, I’m probably drafting an RB zero class and taking my chances with rookies/late round RBs. I would rather have a Odell/Hopkins + JJ/Thomas/Allen start than a Melvin Gordon + Allen start. I rank as follows:

Odell
Hopkins
Julio
Gordon
Thomas
Allen
Cook
Fournette

Assuming PPR format

I would rank them:
Hopkins
Beckham
Gordon
K. Allen
Cook
Julio
Fournette
Thomas

Beckham
Gordon
Hopkins
Julio
Thomas
Allen
Cook
Fornette

How much would that approach change in a standard format?

Will be in a similar position at draft in my home-league and thinking I’m the same direction…but passing on Melvin don’t let me feel good

Changes completely in a standard format. I don’t think zero RB actually works at all in standard format so don’t advise you do it tbh. If it’s a standard format, I’m might consider only taking OBJ above the RBs. Even then, still might take gordon first. Would probably rank as follows:

OBJ/Gordon
Hopkins
Cook
Fournette
Thomas
Allen

Im taking Gordon if I can get him. Otherwise Hops or OBJ.

Don’t know if you answered this in another thread…if so I’m sorry for stealing your time…:wink:

What package would you like more?

Obj/hunt (fournette)
or
Gordon/Adams (Thomas, Julio)

Are we still talking standard or ppr? Also redraft/dynasty? Any dynasty format, i’d take the 1st combo no question.

In a redraft it’s a lot closer. In standard, I’m probably taking the top combo. ANd if you wanted the second i’d rather have THomas than Adams. Probably rather have JJ than Adams as well.

If it’s a PPR, it’s a toss up for me but might go the bottom combo with the adjustments above.

Oh sorry…still standard, redraft!
Especially draftspot 8/10!

So in a full ppr you would take Gordon over Odell or hopkins. I think I would as well because you can get gordon and have a chance to get someone like allen or thomas on the way back.

Get the last elite RB! Gordon! Great offense? Yes. Great defense? Yes. Guaranteed workload? Yes. What more do you want? You can pick up one of the WRs with your second pick.

I have the 1.10 in 12 team standard re-draft. I find myself in a similar dilemma. Historically I have always gone RB heavy early, but the RB’s falling to me in round 1 are Hunt, Fournette and Cook. I have questions on all of them. Instead I can get Hopkins and then in Round 2 Thomas or Allen. If Gordon was to fall to me in Round 1 then I would take him, but if not then I am seriously thinking zero RB. Big change for me!

If you’re picking with the 1.10 or later, I would def employ zero RB. Plenty of talent in the rookie RB pool and there are a lot of backfields with questions but huge upsides (GB, Colts, Houston, etc) which you can take a shot on later on in the draft once you get the studs at WR/Flex to give you that floor.

Assuming a 12 team league

1.08 Standard

Odell
M. Gordon
Fournette
Hopkins
Hunt
Julio
Allen
D. Cook
Thomas

1.08 PPR

M Gordon (slightly due to Henry being out)
Odell
Allen
Hopkins
Hunt
D Cook
Julio
Thomas
Fournette

That is how I would rank them. IMHO, OBJ is probably the top in both but I can see Gordon getting extra catches this season so he jumps a bit in PPR. Also, Cook is only as low as he is because I have not seen enough to justify a higher ranking. However, if he steps back to to where he was before injury I would have him much higher. My positioning of him is based on needing to see it first.

Hope this helps some.