‹ Main Site Forums Home My Account

Draft Help: 6th Pick

I have the 6th pick in a 1/2 ppr redraft 10-team league. I’m pretty certain the top 4 running backs will be gone (Zeke, Barkley, Kamara, McCaffrey). If Gordon gets paid and he’s still there at 6, I’m definitely taking him. Otherwise, I’m torn between my next highest ranked running back David Johnson and taking my top receiver Davante Adams. What’s everyone else’s thoughts?

I’m in the same boat man, I’m leaning toward the best WR at 6. Now if Gordon is back I’ll more than likely take him. But if not at Hopkins or Adams are at 6 I’m taking them for sure. I just don’t have the trust in DJ compared to Nuke or Adams.

1 Like

I’m taking DJ at #6 if he’s still there. I even have him ahead of Gordon (without the contract issues). My ranks are the big 4 RBs then it goes DJ, Adams, Nuk and Gordon would be after Nuk if his contract was resolved before the draft.

1 Like

I have 6th pick in a non-PPR redraft 12-team league, and I am taking David Johnson if he is still there. I agree with everything @ffballers have been saying with regard to Melvin Gordon’s contract, so I do not even have him on my board in round 1. I might even reach for Le’Veon Bell if the Big 4 RBs and DJ are gone. I just hate going WR in 1st round in this league.

Hi! To find out what I can do, say @ffballers display help.

I think Adams is definitely the safer pick. If you take his lowest scoring week from last year and extrapolate it to 16 games, he was still the highest scoring WR (saw on twitter).
I love D.J. in the new offense, but with a still terrible OL, there is more risk.
However, I still lean D.J. with your first, because there is a good chance you can still get a pretty consistent / high floor WR in round 2 (JuJu, Evans, Thomas, OBJ). I think there is a lot more risk with the RBs you would be looking at in second round (Gurley, Cook, Mixon, Williams).

1 Like

I take whoever is available between Hopkins & Adams and would be loving it. I’m in the minority probably saying I’d do that even if Gordon signs. In a 10 team league you could probably even pick up Mixon or Cook in the 2nd (or possibly even Gordon if you’re drafting anytime soon).

1 Like

I have made my mind up that I will be taking a RB in the 1st round. DJ or Conner if one of the Big 4 are not available. All of my mocks show JuJu being available in the 2nd, which would be a great WR1. I am leaning more towards DJ so I don’t go too Steeler heavy.

1 Like