‹ Main Site Forums Home My Account

Draft pick swap help!

hey all,

So i have the 2nd pick for a 12 team 0.5 PPR league. We have 1 keeper but you take them 1 round earlier, so since i had zeke in the 2nd round last season i was gonna take him first. Because of this, i asked the guy in the 9th spot to trade picks so i can lock zeke as 9th pick overall, and he would give me his 3rd round for my 6th round. Also, i have no 7th and 8th round due to trading them last season haha.

Thoughts? no 6th, 7th, and 8th pick is bad but i feel locking zeke at pick 1-9 and having and extra 3rd i could make a pretty good team.

I don’t see a downside to this trade. Your extra 3rd rounder is immensely more valuable than the 6th you’re giving up. I’d do this every day of the week.

So to clarify, you’d have Zeke at 1.09, and 2,3,3,4,5,9…etc?

correct, except now hes come back with swapping the 5th instead of 6th. I forgot to mention i had 2 5th rounders, so it would now be:

Zeke at 1.09, and 2,3,3,4,5,6…9, onwards.

One thing to note, he has 2 2nd round picks so he could probably get a decent early team with what would be 1.02, 2.18 and 2.10, and then resuming at round 4. Im pretty sure hes gonna use his keeper as Keenan Allen in round 2.

His situation wouldn’t have much to do with how I proceed; I’d still do the trade - if you intend on keeping Zeke, then you’re basically trading the 5th round pick for a 3rd rounder… you’re not losing anything to keep Zeke… I literally can’t see a reason to do the trade.

Maybe someone else sees something I don’t? LOL

I would do it. I don’t see any downside for you if you would be taking Zeke first overall anyway. No reason not to.

If you don’t do it: Zeke, 2, 3, 4, 5, 5, 6, 9
If you do it: Zeke, 2, 3, 3, 4, 5, 6, 9

Why wouldn’t you want an extra 3rd instead of an extra 5th?

if i kept 2nd pick i dont think id take zeke as my keeper. it would probably be edelman in the 13th (took him 14th last season)

I would still keep him with the 2nd pick if I were you. With keepers chances are he would be the best player available at #1, so you would probably end up with Barkley at #2

we have to take our keeper one round earlier, so id have to take him in the 1st. at pick 2, there would be no point using him as my keeper so id take edelman at 12th

What I am saying is that he would still be worth keeping even at pick two because chances are if you don’t keep him then whoever is drafting number 1 will take him. Unless you already know that Bell or Gurley won’t be kept.

Either way, I would do the trade. I would rather have Zeke as a keeper and an extra 3rd round pick then have Edelman as a keeper, an extra 5th rounder, and Barkley

I’m not sure that’s the case tho… DJ and Bell are both likely available since they’d have been first round picks last year thus (likely) ineligible to be kept unless they have a rule in place that allows it.

correct. the only other main guy from current top 12 unavailable is kamara who got picked in the 13th… (lucky guy)

im thinking of this also (may be getting complicated)

give him my 3rd and 2x5th round picks

I get his 2nd, 4th, and 7th.

would end up with Zeke, 2, 2, 4, 4, 6, 7, 9…

It gets tough when you get into these really complicated scenarios. I don’t know how your league drafts, but I tend to think having more early round picks makes you a more balanced team… of course you have less value in “keeper” rounds if you trade those later round picks away but that’s the price of doing business.