Draft Strategy - TE FLEX

I’m starting a league and didn’t realize I had TE Flex activated in the options… Anyway the question: Would you guys try to get two TE’s in your draft? Thanks!

No, there are only a couple of TEs that would be flexworthy, and while the cost of obtaining ONE premium TE is usually prohibitive, the cost of obtaining TWO premium TEs is preposterous.

1 Like

Thanks! I was thinking more along the lines of a later round value. I was mocking and guys like Tonyen went in the 13/15th.

Tonyan I can live with as a designated TE position starter or bench if he’s the value pick, but flexing him would really need me to be in big bye week or injury trouble and waivers being a wasteland. He can and has produced but I wouldn’t be pushing out a second TE unless I’m out of options at RB or WR.

Sure, but even with his probably-unsustainable TD total last season, Tonyan only scored 176.6 PPR fantasy points across all 16 games. Jamison Crowder was the WR39 with 172.0 PPR points, and he only played 12 games. Miles Sanders was the RB23 with 170.4, and he only played 12 games also.

So yeah, if you can’t manage to draft 3 top 40 WRs or 3 top 25 RBs, then maybe a couple of high-end TEs become flexworthy, but my advice wouldn’t be to draft 2 starting TEs–it would be to draft better RBs and WRs.