‹ Main Site Forums Home My Account

Draft Strategy

Hey footclan! I have the 12th pick in a 12 team non-PPR redraft league. I have done 3 mock drafts with 3 different strategies. Team 1 is the RB-WR strategy with picks 12 and 13. Team 2 is WR-WR and Team 3 is RB-WR with an early QB selection. Which team do you guys like better?

Team 1
Jameis Winston
Melvin Gordon
Isaiah Crowell
Jordy Nelson
Sammy Watkins
Stefon Diggs
Jimmy Graham
Jaguars DST
Mason Crosby
Ty Montgomery
DeSean Jackson
Derrick Henry
Tyrell Williams
Terrance West
Jamaal Williams
Quincy Enunwa

Team 2
Drew Brees
Isaiah Crowell
Dalvin Cook
AJ Green
Jordy Nelson
Paul Perkins
Jack Doyle
Vikings DST
Chris Boswell
Martavis Bryant
Duke Johnson
Latavius Murray
Tyrell Williams
Jamaal Williams
JJ Nelson
Jalen Richard

Team 3
Tom Brady
Melvin Gordon
Christian McCaffery
Mike Evans
Jamison Crowder
Joe Mixon
Hunter Henry
Vikings DST
Caleb Sturgis
Mike Gilleslie
Mike Wallace
Jeremy Maclin
Samaje Perine
JJ Nelson
Quincy Enunwa
Taylor Gabriel

I like team 1 the best, but I wouldn’t limit yourself to a positional strategy. The tier based drafting really helps give you the best value. And draft day almost never goes according to how you think it will (some guys fall later than you thought, others that go real early). UDK has it in tiers if you have that. I used to do positional strategies but the tier based I think gives you a better team.

If you could just land Gillislee and Stafford on Team 1 that will be the best. Other 2 teams depend a lot on rookies. Loved the Tyrell Williams, Terrance West and Quincy Enunwa picks; we called them sexy picks over here. I 'm thinking on taking Jay Ajayi instead of Gordon, but both should be good. I’m guessing DA Crow was your 3rd pick, which I don’t think that will be possible on a real draft. Crow’s ADP has been rising almost to the 2nd round.