Drop Allen Robinson or Royce Freeman for Baker Mayfield?

In a full PPR, I’m tempted to pick up Baker Mayfield to have another great option at QB. Am I crazy? Any thoughts? Here’s my team:

Beckham, Odell
Burton, Trey
Cole, Keelan
Conner, James
Cousins, Kirk
Fitzgerald, Larry
Freeman, Royce
Hogan, Chris
Lewis, Dion
McCaffrey, Christian
Powell, Bilal
Robinson, Allen

Why would you drop Robinson over Powell? Or Hogan? Or Freeman?

Why would you drop anyone for a second QB?

2 Likes

If you drop a starting #1 WR for a team to roster a 2nd QB, I believe you will be making a mistake

2 Likes

No no, come here, back off the ledge. Don’t do it.

1 Like

True. I’ve been tossing the second QB idea around considering my league seems to score higher than most for QBs (still trying to figure that one out). Cousins, for example, earned 60 points last week.

I guess I’m just restless. I haven’t played Robinson, Freeman or Powell as of yet. I’ve always had better options thus far.

Thanks for talking me off the ledge. :slight_smile:

What is your QB scoring format. That actually makes a big difference if your RBs and WRs have standard scoring but your QBs score like half your teams weekly points

If you can only play 1 QB at a time it shouldn’t make any difference. All that means is that you need a good starter at QB every week. I streamed a QB every week last year in a league with high scoring QBs and did just as well as the people who had the studs.

I would guess yardage bonuses and bonuses for big touchdowns (Cousins had a 75-yard TD)

I feel like it can make a big difference in how you value the QB position. If they have 12pt passing TDs Rodgers and Mahomes become the #1 and #2 most valuable players

I agree with that, but I don’t think that changes the mindset of rostering 2 QBs. That would just make me want to go out and trade for a high end QB.

Also, its probably 1 point for every 10 yards passing vs 1 point for every 25 yards passing.

It’s full PPR all around. But yes, there are yardage and completion percentage bonuses for QBs. Since you can only play 1 QB at a time, you guys are probably right. I should stick with Cousins and roll with him all season.

Yeah it looks to be .5 points for 1.0, and then .5 point for every 50 thereafter and then after reaching 170 yards it is 4 points for 170, and then 3 point for every 50 thereafter with another change at 320 yards.

Pretty weird and has always confused me a bit. But it seems that most of our league is having higher QB scores than most. But since I can only play 1 at a time, probably doesn’t matter a whole lot huh? Thanks for the help, still learning.

1 Like