‹ Main Site Forums Home My Account

Drop Hopkins for Saquon in start of 2-player keeper league?

in my fantasy league weve decided to allow all the teams to keep at max, 2 players, from our previous rosters. I had DeAndre Hopkins last season and was fantastic, but since its a STANDARD-scoring league, RBs have “more value” than WRs statistically. so im wondering is it worth it to get rid of one of the best WRs in the league in order to land a potential top 3-5 RB? I’m leaning DeAndre because of how safe he is as one of the best, if not THE best fantasy WR, but Saquon can potentially outscore him. i would appreciate everyones thoughts. - roster slots include: 2RB, 2WR, 2FLEX. -

Hopkins is definitively not the best fantasy WR (any argument that puts him above 3rd is recency bias, pure and simple - and I think 3rd is a stretch as well), but he is quite good. I take if you’re keeping someone else with the 2nd keeper?

standard scoring makes it closer for me. Saquon is going to get a lot of his points from the passing game given their Oline is still trash and I still expect OBJ/Engram to get a lot of looks in the redzone whereas Hopkins is still the 1st look in the redzone for Houston.

Who you keeping with your other keeper?