‹ Main Site Forums Home My Account

Drop Johnathan Williams for Chris Carson?

So I drafted Bills RB Johnathan Williams as a late round flier in my recent 12 team PPR league. Since then I have seen highlights of Chris Carson and heard about his performance splitting time with Eddie Lacy this preseason. Johnathan Williams seemed interesting because he is the back up to LeSean McCoy who always seems to have some kind of injury. Also Mike Gillislee had a strong role despite Shady playing last year so I imagine a similar role for Williams. But Carson seems to have a shot to become the starter even though the backfield is crowded with Lacy, Rawls, and Prosise.

Is it smarter to keep Williams, who may have a strong role on a rushing offense and potentially be an RB1 should Shady get hurt. Or is it better to drop Williams to pick up Carson who looks like he can TAKE the job from injury prone and bad players.

I own Freeman, Cook, Hunt, Stewart, and Chris Thompson already so its not like I’m hurting at RB. But having another potential starter is always a good thing as I can swing players in trades.