‹ Main Site Forums Home My Account

Drop one for Amendola as FA?

Full PPR, start two WR and one flex. I can get Amendola for free right now, but I’m not sure who to drop for him. Thinking maybe R.Kelley or Blount, but wanted to get a second opinion before pulling the trigger. Thoughts?

QB: Roethlisberger, Dalton
WR: Antonio Brown, Diggs, Tyrell Williams, Rishard Matthews
RB: Duke Johnson, Gore, Abdullah, Ingram, Gillislee, Kelley, Blount
TE: Greg Olsen

Thanks!

I wouldn’t bother. Maybe a trade for a better WR?

the only person I’d drop is R. Matthews. Think about it like this: Who has higher upside? You dont NEED to drop anyone, but if you really want to I’d drop Matthews. Kelly and Blount are starting RBs. To valuable. If it’s PPR, you wont sacrifice much for getting rid of Matthews

I’m wondering how many games Amendola will last with an increased workload. Does anyone have good info on his injury history in relation to snaps or production?

I would drop Blount since it’s full PPR. Amendola has potential Edelman PPR upside (even if it’s only for a handful of weeks), and you have a long list of ground and pound RBs that don’t really as much PPR value as they do in standard scoring (Gore, Gillislee, Kelley, Blount). Gore is steady, Gillislee has upside, and Kelley will have the backfield to himself whereas the Ballers have pointed out that Blount really doesn’t fit Philly’s scheme and it’s unlikely he gets 18 touchdowns again.

Thank you! I pulled the trigger on this a couple of hours after posting. This was the move I went with (dropping Blount), and more or less the same reasoning. I drafted deep at RB figuring I would have this kind of option at some point, either on waivers or through trades. I just wasn’t expecting it to start before week 1!