Drop/waivers

I am in a 10 team .5PPR superflex league with 10 bench spots. I have #1 waiver priority. I Picked up Ty’Son Williams last week and slotted him into my flex

I currently have Chase Claypoole, Ronald Jones, Melvin Gordon , Tyler Higbee, Will Fuller and Latavius Murray on my bench.

I am dropping Murrey to either pick up KIrk(would be WR5/6) or Winston(would be QB3), and considering dropping Ronald Jones to put a claim in on both.

1. Should I go for the the security of a 3rd QB or add KIrk based on his week 1
  2. Then should I drop Jones(my RB5) to make a claim.

I would hold Murray, the ravens are an elite rushing team and Murray could very well be a consistent flex play even if Ty’son stays healthy and one of freeman or bell gets 3rd down work.

My issue is that I have Tyson Williams. And I’d rather hold a qb3 or WR3/flex option than a handcuff.

I’m not sure it’s a certainty that latavius remains a handcuff.

But superflex would have me lean get 3rd qb.

I wouldn’t personally view Murray as a handcuff, I would want to see how next few weeks go to see if its Williams or Murray as the lead back in that committee. Being Superflex though, I think you definitely get Winston on your roster. RoJo is going to go through the same stuff as last year. He will have good stretches, but we know Arians loves to punish him and could be pulled at any time. If you’re confident that its Williams job as the top guy, drop Murray. If you are like me and not sure, especially after only one game, Id drop RoJo.

1 Like

I see your points on Murray. I think he is worth stashing.

My league did not draft many QB’s, so waivers are packed right now, I want to lock up a QB 3 as insurance.

I’m not sure I’d make a move at all, if Kirk wouldn’t start for you and your 10 team superflex league isn’t hoarding QBs.

All of the guys you are considering dropping could indeed start for you at some point this season, while the guys you are picking up would just be bench depth for you.