‹ Main Site Forums Home My Account

Dynasty League help/setup questions

Hey fellow ballers! I’m the commissioner of a new Dynasty League and I could use some help with the setup. 12 team half point PPR. I need to know things I should do that would be Dynasty League specific. Should I have a trade deadline? Should I lock eliminated teams when it is playoff time? What about a FAAB system? I would really love to hear from anyone who is an experienced Dynasty League player. Altgough im a veteran of fantasy football this is my first Dynasty League. Thank you fellow ballers for any and all advice and support you provide :slight_smile:

Here’s a link to the ballers preferred Dynasty setup: Ballers’ Preferred Dynasty League Rosters

I would recommend using myfantasyleague.com to host your dynasty league. Their platform is the most customizable, almost all dynasty experts claim it’s their preferred system.

My answers to your specific questions:

• Definitely have a trade deadline. For dynasty leagues it’s usually a little earlier than normal (week 8 or 9).
  • I don’t think you need to lock eliminated teams, just keep an eye out for tanking or collusion. You can set up a losers bracket if necessary and the owners can play for better draft picks. Keeps them interested even after elimination.
  • Definitely use a FAAB system. The budget doesn’t really matter, as acquisitions are made based off overall percentage of your FAAB. I do recommend having separate budgets for the off-season and regular season.
  • One thing that’s dynasty league specific that I like is having a taxi squad. A group of 4-5 players that can’t be started but you stash them for a couple years to see how they develop. If they’re promising you can promote them to your active roster. Generally only rookies can be added to your taxi squad and be kept for 1-3years.

Thank you so much! This is all very helpful :slight_smile:

Happy to help!