Dynasty Rd 3 pick thoughts

Drafting in a dynasty startup (slow draft over the next two weeks). - 12-team, half-pt ppr, drafting at the #3 spot

1.03: McCaffrey
2.10. Diggs (there was a run on receivers in the mid-2nd)

Kelce went off the board at 3.01, waiting on 3.02 now. I was hoping that Keenen Allen would fall to me, but just saw his injury update.

I’m leaning receiver. if Kelce was still around I’d consider at 3.03 but he’s gone now. I could go RB (Kerryon is still there, or risk Jacobs for the dynasty aspect)There are some good RBs around (Kerryon or Jacobs would both be nice for dynasty), but I feel like WR is better value for the format given the longer careers.

Wondering what the consensus is. Anyone particularly concerned about Allen? If I wanted another receiver, it would probably be one of:

• Brandin Cook / Robert Woods (and I’d lean Cooks in dynasty half-point given the contracts).
  • TY Hilton.
  • Amari Cooper

Feels a little early for the rams receivers, but maybe that’s just me. (Also, I’m hoping I can get Kupp on the way back int the 4th) Hilton is almost 30 and there’s the question mark around Luck present, and Cooper feels like a risky week-to-week starter for the 3rd round price tag.

I could go Ertz/Kittle (probably Kittle), but again it feels a bit early for them

Or would you just go for one of those 2 RBs I mentioned?

Take Kerryon.

I’m taking a wr. To me it’s between Allen and Cooper. Cooper has the upside and age on his side, but I think we all know that he’s traditionally very boom/bust and if that continues he will be frustrating to own. Keenan Allen is a very safe pick that I think you can depend on for fringe wr1 production.

I don’t think the injury would deter me from picking Allen in dynasty. He’s fully expected to start week 1, and so letting a very short term injury push you off a guy seems pretty shortsighted.