Dynasty Roster/Draft Advice

Hi All-

Looking to get some advice on roster construction and targets for the upcoming rookie draft in my Dynasty league. League is full ppr - 4pts QB TDs and we start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 FLEX (W/R/TE), 1 TE, 1 K, 1 DEF. After the draft I’ll need to cut the roster back down to 20 - so cut 3 players. Any advice on who I should look to cut and who I should be looking to target especially at the 1.04 would be greatly appreciated.

I have picks 1.4, 3.2 and 3.4 in the rookie draft.

Before the NFL Draft I was thinking definitely WR as I obviously need some help there but didn’t love any of the landing spots. I’m assuming CEH, JT go 1/2 and then I’d be looking at some combination of Lamb, Jeudy, Dobbins, Akers, Swift at 1.04.

Current Roster-
QBs: Kyler Murray, Derek Carr
RBs: Nick Chubb, Josh Jacobs, David Montgomery, Jerick Mckinnon, Darwin Thompson
WRs: AJ Brown, JuJu Smith-Schuster, Jamison Crowder, Will Fuller, Josh Gordon, Hunter Renfrow, Curtis Samuel, Preston Williams
TEs: Darren Waller, Vance Mcdonald
DEF: Bears, Saints
K: Josh Lambo

Thanks!

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated! I’m new to Dynasty so struggling with the decision between RB and WR at the 1.04

I would say RB. You need depth there. All of the RBs this year went to favorable spots and even if they aren’t immediate (this year) contributors. They should definitely help you in years to come

Appreciate it. How would you rank Swift/Dobbins/Akers as I’d think I’d have 2 of those guys available when it gets to me

Not sure what the team picking third needs but let’s say they take a WR and you have all three of those to pick from… I rank them Dobbins, Swift, Akers.

Dobbins is very talented and even though he is behind Ingram he should be their main guy next year. I think his offense is better than the other two.

Swift is probably the most talented back but will be in a committee with Kerryon. If kerryon stays healthy they will probably go with this for at least two years. There is a chance that Swift just flat out plays Kerryon and becomes the workhorse but I wouldn’t count on that.

Akers is another talented guy but his offensive line is so bad it’s hard to look past that. He was used to playing behind a bad line at FSU though so maybe that’s a positive. If their line improves in the next couple of years he could be very valuable.

Bottom line, they are all good players with lots of potential but it just depends which one you like the most and will break out faster. You can’t win if you are always trying to be good in a year or two.

For me, I have the 1.05 after a trade and need a little RB depth. My choice is easy because 1-4 should all go RB and I am just taking whoever is left. I really want Dobbins because Lamar is so dynamic I think it keeps the defense guessing and opens things up for skill players. However, I am fine with Akers or Swift I get either of them.