Dynasty Roster Help

Hey FootClan,

My very first dynasty league is going into our second season. Over the offseason, I dropped my DST and K to add other players, going above the normal bench limit. The problem is I now have to figure out who to drop to pick up a DST and K ahead of Week 1. My roster is as follows…

Starting Lineup (8/10):
QB: Deshaun Watson, HOU
RB1: Aaron Jones, GB
RB2: Austin Ekeler, LAC
WR1: Julio Jones, ATL
WR2: DeAndre Hopkins, HOU
TE: Jared Cook, NO
FLEX1: Mark Ingram, BAL
FLEX2: Raheem Mostert, SF
DST: None
K: None

Bench (16/14):
QB: Matt Ryan, ATL
QB: Cam Newton, NE
RB: Kareem Hunt, CLE
RB: Tevin Coleman, SF
RB: Chris Thompson, JAX
RB: Giovani Bernard, CIN
WR: Brandin Cooks, HOU
WR: Marvin Jones, DET
WR: Anthony Miller, CHI
WR: Allen Lazard, GB
WR: Randall Cobb, HOU
WR: Dede Westbrook, JAX
TE: Jack Doyle, IND
TE: Blake Jarwin, DAL
TE: Jonnu Smith, TEN
TE: Jace Sternberger, GB

IR (1/3):
WR: Jalen Reagor, PHI

Taxi Squad (4/4):
WR: Miles Boykin, BAL
WR: Tee Higgins, CIN
WR: Bryan Edwards, LV
WR: Devin Duvernay, BAL

Future Draft Picks (Four-Round Rookie Drafts):
2021: All four own picks, one extra 2nd, two extra 3rds
2022: All four own picks
2023: All four own picks

I’ve attempted over the last few weeks to try and make consolidation trades, targeting players such as Noah Fant (TE, DEN), Michael Gallup (WR, DAL), Joe Mixon (RB, CIN), Kenny Golladay (WR, DET), and D.K. Metcalf (WR, SEA), but nothing has come to fruition yet.

Any ideas? I think my first cut will be Westbrook, but not sure who to make the second (maybe Bernard?). I just don’t know what to do at this point.

Thanks, in advance!

Update #1: I recognized there was only one DST left on the waiver wire whose matchup I liked for Week 1, so I dropped Sternberger to add it. Figured I had enough depth at the position and there wouldn’t be many clamoring to add him. Still need to drop one more guy or make an unbalanced trade. Have reached out to an owner with good WR depth to see what it might cost to get an upgrade at the position, but not expecting it to go anywhere.

Depth is more important for the multi play positions, i.e. RB, WR. I’d cut Cam and Sternberger

1 Like