‹ Main Site Forums Home My Account

Dynasty Startup Draft Trade

So my longest running redraft league is finally switching to a dynasty format. 12 team, half PPR with a few extra bonuses on the D/ST. We are starting with three keepers from our teams from last year, I definitely have a couple of different pretty good ways to build my roster for the future but I am entertaining a three team trade it in the first round and would like to know from an outsiders perspective if it seems worth it. We are starting with three keepers from our teams from last year, I definitely have a couple of different pretty good ways to build my roster for the future, but I am entertaining a three team trade in the first round and would like to know from an outsiders perspective it makes sense or if I should just stick with who I have and who I am likely to get. From last year‘s team I am keeping Fournette, Julio and Hopkins. Since we are snake drafting in reverse order of finish, I will have the tenth pick of the first round. Ordinarily I actually prefer picking towards the turn, but I am trying to trade up to grab a Melvin Gordon. Given who is drafting ahead of me and what they need, I will more than likely end up with Joe Mixon at that place in the draft. Keeping in mind that many of the first and second round veterans are being kept on to all the rosters, and we are adding the incoming rookies into the pool of availabile players. Given where I am picking and who is around me, it’s likely I could end up with both Mixon and Guice Without having to give up any draft capital. On the other hand, the three team trade that we were talking about would get me Melvin Gordon, but it would cost me my first and second round pick of this draft, plus a conditional pick next year (likely a 1st). I think either way I will be starting off my dynasty roster very well, but I would be interested to hear some takes on the pros and cons. I think either way I will be starting off my dynasty roster very well, but I would be interested to hear some pros and cons of each side. Thank you!