Dynasty Startup Q

League is 1Ppr
2 QB, 2 WR, 2 RB, 2 TE, 2 Flex
I have the #7
Would you trade a 2nd and 4th round pick to get another 1st round pick? I think I’d rather have a 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th over 2 1sts and a 3rd.

Depends on the first you are getting and the second you are giving up.

1 Like

I agree with nicotitan, depends on where that first rounder is that you’re trading for. If it’s before 1.07 or close to 1.07, I’d be very tempted. On the other hand, in a dynasty startup draft, i’d be very cautious about not having the same amount of picks as every one else (i.e. doing two for one trades, not getting the same amount of picks back). That’s just me though. I dont have evidence to back that statement up, but that’s my feeling.

You could compare the teams you could potentially draft:

If you do make the trade, say you draft: M. Thomas (1.07), Mike Evans (1.07-1.12) and Joe Mixon (3.07).

If you don’t make the trade, say you draft: M. Thomas (1.07), AJ Green (2.05), Mixon (3.07) and Darrius Guice (4.05).

Then ask yourself, which team would you like better? How confident do you feel that you could make up missing the one extra pick in the later rounds of the dynasty startup draft?

To summarize, i think it depends where that first rounder is and how much you like the players you’d possibly be getting in that spot.

Possibly 1.06, guy at 1.02 seems uninterested. Its basically is giving up 4.05 completely with moving from 2.05 to 1.06

Same thing is giving up 5.07 completely worth moving from 2.05 to 1.06.

Then I would only have 1.06, 1.07, and 3.07. No 2nd or 4th

that seems worth it to me.
1.06 and 1.07 give you a base of two of Gurley, Zeke, DJ, Bell, OBJ, Nuk, AB, Evans, Mike Thomas (Likely not Gurley, Zeke, OBJ and Nuk). Also, since it’s a 2QB league, you can take Wentz, Rodgers or Watson (or whomever you like)

But if I keep 1 pick in each round I can have similar to Evans, Gordon, Kelce or Ertz, and QB of choice. Personally I’m leaning that direction.

2QB and 2 TE 1.5ppr

I would doubt that you can get the QB of your choice in a 2QB league, if you won’t get one till 3.07. But maybe your league mates don’t value QBs high enough

You get my point. I’d probably go TE in the 3rd because of the 2 TE and 1.5ppr for them. Then a QB in the 4th. I am the one that doesn’t value them as high.

Yeah, makes sense. Just different approaches to a draft.
I would personally give up a 2nd and a 4th for the 1.05, cause same as you, I would be ok to pick up a QB later on, and I don’t care much about TE Premium.

Just an update here. 11 QBs have gone off the board in the first 2 rounds.